TLS 1.3 is out!
posted August 2018
- Will we see a fast deployment of the protocol? It seems like browsers are ready, but web servers will have to follow.
- Who will use 0-RTT? I'm expecting the big players to use it (largely because they've been requesting it) but what about the small ones?
- Are we going to see vulnerabilities in the protocol? It seems highly unlikely, TLS 1.2 itself (with AES-GCM) has remained solid for more than 10 years.
- Are we going to see vulnerabilities in the implementations? We will see about that. If anything happens, I'm expecting it to happen around 0-RTT, PSKs and key exports. But let's hope that libraries have learned their lessons.
- Is BearSSL going to implement TLS 1.3? It sounds like it.