Done! posted November 2013
So after a long night staying up and coding I finally handed in my project including my report in LaTeX.
I'm not really proud of what I did, I felt like I could have done much better if given more time (okay I slacked and I had enough time).
BUT, as I already said earlier, I've accomplished a lot and even though I'm done with this project I still kinda want to keep working on it.
Things that I've learned doing this class :
- C is awful. But now I know the basics. I wish we had one more project to code in C to really get it though.
- Makefile? Headers? I still don't really get the structure of a C project (and I'm ashamed).
- I know Linux! Okay I don't know Linux that much, but I'm getting really causy there. I installed debian on a VM and I'm considering setting up a dual boot on my laptop now.
- Emacs emacs! I was postponing learning it because I was afraid, and just forced myself to use it for this project and goshh am I fast when I use it. When I go back to Sublime Text I just want to C-M-F, C-A, C-K, C-Y...
- LaTeX! As a Math major I've always been ashamed not knowing it. Now that I got a taste of it I'm wondering if I should use it to write my book on.
- Svn and Git. I'm not a stranger anymore! And I use them for all my websites as well now :)
I think that's it, but I feel like I've learned a lot and I wished this course was a year thing rather than a semester thing.
The course is not over yet though and next week we'll dive into java for... a quick swim since it will be our last week.